PDA

View Full Version : chatroom idea

Beth Sycamore
01-30-2012, 10:28 AM
Wouldn't it be fun,if we could chat inside of a chatroom here?

RuneFactoryFan1001
01-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Wouldn't it be fun,if we could chat inside of a chatroom here?

Dat is a good idea lol but i have my own in random thread :P

Sunwind
01-30-2012, 05:08 PM
There is already a thread related to this topic. (http://www.natsume.com/community/showthread.php?t=903) :)

mockingbird
01-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Yeah... all of the past suggestions have failed... usually due to arguments saying it costs more than it is worth or that it is too hard to monitor. Oh well.

CeeCee
01-30-2012, 09:26 PM
I see no problems with a user who'd like to set up an unofficial chat.

Sunwind
01-31-2012, 10:17 AM
I see no problems with a user who'd like to set up an unofficial chat.

I also believe that sunshine (http://www.natsume.com/community/member.php?u=408) made a "natsume forum chtroom (http://xat.com/NatsumeForums)" awhile ago.

CeeCee
01-31-2012, 05:02 PM
I should pop by some time.

Blitser
01-31-2012, 08:11 PM
Honestly, I feel a little doubtful that the mods are managing to keep up with everything posted around here anyway. :o

It would clear up the forums of a lot of the spam...

Kaoru
02-02-2012, 06:59 AM
Really?
sad sad :<
I want to assure you that I read a lot of posts. If you ever have any concerns Blitser, I want you to know that I check the boards multiple times a day and if there's anything you need I'll be around to help ^___^ That goes for everyone too!

But of course you are right in that we can't be everywhere and at the rate some threads go, it's hard to read/monitor everything. So if you see anything that you think we've missed or are concerned about -- please do let us know ^_^

I just signed up for the chatroom thing so you'll see me there sometimes, too!

Blitser
02-02-2012, 01:54 PM
I don't have any doubt you guys are here monitoring the forums to the extent of your abilities; it's just that, recently more than ever, we've been getting more posts on a daily basis than ever. Just look at Runefactoryfan, in little over a month he/she has a post count of over 4500. Never, on any forum I've used have I seen a single person get a post count like that so fast, even if that's their sole goal in the forum... Do you believe all 4588 of those posts have been read by mods at some point? And that's just one of many people...

Do I want a chatroom? Honestly no, and I'm not really saying we should have one. What I'm really getting at is that no system is ever perfect, and that this forum is more or less being used as a chatroom right now...

CeeCee
02-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Do you believe all 4588 of those posts have been read by mods at some point?

Yes, that being my job as a community manager, I do. But I think we have two different definitions of "spam" -- frequent posting, in an ongoing conversation that happens to be moving quickly, isn't something I mind. Ads for 'enhancement' are the only spam I'm worried about, and I can only think of two or three of those that snuck through in the last year or so.

Kaoru
02-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Ah okie -- I was mostly concerned that perhaps you felt that maybe we weren't around when you needed help or assistance.

But I agree -- I think most of the large amount of daily posts is one-line randomness. Which is not to say that it's a bad thing.

Perhaps the unofficial chatroom then would be a good outlet for those that feel like they just want to "chat". Otherwise I think most of it has been kept in their respective threads.

However, I have noticed a growing number of "off topic" posts that have nothing to do with the original post. Currently there are no rules about "staying on topic" or what constitutes as a useful post and what is "spam". But perhaps a gentle reminder would be warranted--at least for threads when people are looking for information. I shall ask about that.

Again, if you Blitser or anyone else ever has any concerns or comments, please let me know ^_^

Blitser
02-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Yes, that being my job as a community manager, I do. But I think we have two different definitions of "spam" -- frequent posting, in an ongoing conversation that happens to be moving quickly, isn't something I mind. Ads for 'enhancement' are the only spam I'm worried about, and I can only think of two or three of those that snuck through in the last year or so.

Alright, if you say you read them all then I'm more than happy with that answer. :) I'm not trying to attack anyone here.

We definitely have different definitions of spam though. This (http://community.chaoticgame.com/forum/Topic1267393-29-1.aspx) is my definition. That's quite a lengthy one, but when it's followed the result is a forum full of serious, well thought out discussions. (On that forum there's then an "Off-Topic" section where the spam rules are pretty much removed, but your post count won't go up) This isn't my forum to run, but I think adapting some of that definition around here could do a world of good; and make it more open for people who want to have those "serious" discussions.