Community

Natsume's Community Forums  
Old 08-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
Wind-Spirit
Senior Farmer

Default Rune Factory 5 is a go!

Despite the 4th one not being out for a couple of months, its done so well that it was give the go to go into production.

Here's the source: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/08...une-factory-5/
Wind-Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:45 AM   #2
Adrian-kun
Lord Carnage Heart

Default Rune Factory 5 is already in the works

Rune Factory 4 has just been released for the 3DS, and plans for an international version have yet to be revealed. However, this hasn't stopped Marvelous AQL from already announcing Rune Factory 5. What do you guys think? Are they milking the series or is it a natural progression?

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/08...une-factory-5/
Adrian-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:48 AM   #3
Jonahman10
Senior Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian-kun View Post
Rune Factory 4 has just been released for the 3DS, and plans for an international version have yet to be revealed. However, this hasn't stopped Marvelous AQL from already announcing Rune Factory 5. What do you guys think? Are they milking the series or is it a natural progression?

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/08...une-factory-5/
As a creator of stories and music, I usually have the next three pieces of music/stories/sequels before I finish a piece. However, other people are the ones (Bosses mostly) are the ones who influence others to rush or milk a certain aspect even if such an aspect is not part of your artistic vision. I have a feeling Yoshifumi Hashimoto has the entire world much more fleshed out in his head and has several plot lines floating around them and this was confirmation that he would have an opportunity to market them.

However, I feel that, though Hashimoto might have envisioned TOD his vision was also clouded over by people who wanted to produce the game quickly with less effort. Its still an good game and gameplay reaches a new level, but in terms of normal character conversations and plot wise it seems significantly less in depth. (Though the extra events at each friendship level were nice)
Old 08-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
Yaone
Natsume's Unofficial Detective

Location: Traveling the universe in the Tardis with The Doctor

Wow that's fast. Hopefully they take their time with it and don't rush it. That's all I ask lol
Old 08-11-2012, 04:42 AM   #5
Adrian-kun
Lord Carnage Heart

Frankly, Rune Factory 4 looks just like an upscaled DS game. Hopefully, the gameplay is better.
With RF 5, I hope the team will focus more on presentation worthy of a next-gen system.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
HarvestMoon
RAGUNA! *swoon*

Send a message via Yahoo to HarvestMoon

I'm really pumped for this game ASDFGHJKFDASFZAD ERMAHGERDDDD
Old 08-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #7
KingCharming85
Junior Farmer

Rune Factory 4 Should be released in ALL regions before they even consider doing a sequel.
KingCharming85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #8
CeeCee
Natsume Community Manager

Bearing in mind this is my own opinion, and my own experiences, and not reflective of Natsume as a company:
For those that read the headline and not the article, it's important to note this:
"Hashimoto didn’t say anything else to Famitsu about Rune Factory 5, which probably isn’t even actively in development."

I can pretty much guarantee it isn't. It may possibly be in pre-production (which is a vague state where people are throwing huge gobs of ideas out and seeing what rises to the surface). LOTS of games get cancelled, revised, or even shifted to another (or even new) series through this process. I think making RF5 is a natural progression of the series, so saying "Yep, we're interested in making the game" to Famitsu is a statement of logic more than intent or current plans.
CeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #9
Adrian-kun
Lord Carnage Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeCee View Post
Bearing in mind this is my own opinion, and my own experiences, and not reflective of Natsume as a company:
For those that read the headline and not the article, it's important to note this:
"Hashimoto didn’t say anything else to Famitsu about Rune Factory 5, which probably isn’t even actively in development."

I can pretty much guarantee it isn't. It may possibly be in pre-production (which is a vague state where people are throwing huge gobs of ideas out and seeing what rises to the surface). LOTS of games get cancelled, revised, or even shifted to another (or even new) series through this process. I think making RF5 is a natural progression of the series, so saying "Yep, we're interested in making the game" to Famitsu is a statement of logic more than intent or current plans.
While no actual work has begun, Marvelous AQL has indeed green-lit the project:
'producer Yoshifumi Hashimoto said the game’s reception was good enough to greenlight a sequel.'
Hashimoto-san didn't say anything else so it's correct to say that everything is subject to change.

Last edited by Adrian-kun; 08-12-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #10
HungerGamesLover
Farmer

Really? Awesome.